Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fall Paint Can Swap

A Fall Paint Can Swap on the Cricut MB got my creative energy flowing. I really wanted to create a can that was bold and vibrant, just like the Fall season. I found the butterfly a while ago with intentions to use it on this can... then completely forgot about it! Funny how things work out. I needed something to complete the can when it all came back to me. It really fit beautifully center stage. It just makes me happy. I hope Deb likes it too!

All paper is DCVW card stock with white core. Orange is embossed using Cuttlebugs Pumpkin Harvest folder inked in black pigment, heat embossed with black powder. Green is embossed using the CB Autumn Type folder, also inked and heat embossed in black. Score lines between the pumpkin give it a nice distressed look. I pressed hard using my score-it tool in some places to tear the paper slightly and show the white core. I love how this turned out. All ribbon is misc, fall berries are from the Joann floral department. Can lid scallop edge circle is cut from Cricut Mini Monograms and embossed with the CB Tiny Bubbles folder. The handle is covered in chenille yarn that I crocheted a few long single chain lengths and wrapped around to finish it off.
Thanks for looking!



Cuttlebug A2 folders used: Autumn Type, Pumpkin Harvest, Tiny Bubbles

2 comments:

Deb Wood said...

ooooh this is really gorgeous and very creative, love it!!

Kruemel said...

This one really thrilled me! What a great way to use the embossing folders but giving them a special look with embossing powder. I first thought you used one of this black magic paper everyone is talking about now - but I like your look way better.
The butterfly and berries make this can even more special - it looks like the butterfly could fly away every minute.
That´s what I call creativity - and you have it!!!