Monday, January 25, 2010

The Cuttlebug Spot - Black and Silver

Black and Silver is the recipe this week at The Cuttlebug Spot. I had fun with this one using my Dolly Mama stamp. I think she is a bit over the top, which is exactly what I needed for the color combination!

Papers are a mix of cardstock, aluminum foil distressed and embossed with the Candy Cane Stripe Cuttlebug folder, handmade paper with silver heat embossed dots and SEI embossed cardstock.
The button is 2 together with a bit of torn fabric between them. Black lace and silver tinsil edge the card. I added stickles and diamond glaze to the image also for a bit more pop and sparkle.

This card is totally out of my comfort zone, and a huge challenge for me... but I love it! Have a great week!

2 comments:

Kruemel said...

Wow, this is stunning hun! I clicked on the pic to see it bigger and I love all the detail you´ve put on this one! The embossed tin foil looks great and matches perfectly with the handmade paper. And adding the lace with silver staples is the perfect way to attach it. I totally love this one.

Big hugs to you!!!
Kathrin aka Kruemel

P.S. Seems like you enjoyed skiing - at least you BOTH look happy on the pic!

DonnaMundinger said...

I just loved this one Rheannon! The sentiment is perfect! (I'm always saying that! LOL) xxD