Monday, February 8, 2010

The Cuttlebug Spot - Altered mailbox



You've Got Mail has always been a movie I enjoyed... thinking of love and something that makes me happy was my inspiration for our Altered Mailbox challenge at The Cuttlebug Spot this week! I stumbled on ideas until I found this new fabby paper. Nature and gardening... and this color pallet... it just suits me perfectly!

My mailbox is a bright red tin type from Target. I darkened it a bit using Timbur Brown Staz On ink. This brought me to the red I needed to work with the new papers I just had to have! K&Co Tim Coffee line... Blossomwood is the name and I tell you it is beautiful! I used sheets from the paper stack and di-cuts. I really love the way the two Tilda's I used work with the overall theme too. Tilda with newspaper and Sitting Fall Tilda, two adorable Magnolia Stamps. Just love 'em.

I squeezed a little bit of cuttlebug in here too... using the A2 Forest Branches folder I embossed the paper behind the standing Tilda. Sort of looks like a tree... at least it adds depth and texture behind her with the berry branches sticking out around her.

Buttons are Bo Bunny. Ribbon and Floral are misc from Michael's Craft.

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great week.

1 comment:

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh WOW, such gorgeous papers Rheannon! All the fussy cutting you did, amazing! beautiful details and color palette and you're right, Tilda is perfect with it. xxD