Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Just Christmas and Birthday Cards ~ Sketch 16 & 17

I've had a bit of computer troubles with loading my images but things seem to be sorted out now. The past 2 sketches at Just Christmas and Birthdays have been so much fun! Be sure to check out the other DT great cards and enter your own in the challenge :)

Sketch 17 was created by Janina for this weeks challenge. I love the simplicity of the sketch but more I love how everyone has used it! I am in love with Owls at the moment. This sketch provided the perfect oppertunity to use some in my stash for a happy hello to someone special.



Patterned paper: Sassafras~ Lil' Brudders
Cardstock: Bazzill
Stamps: Sassafras~ Hoo Do You Love?, Inkadinkado~ Gem Stone Birds
Misc: leaf buttons, hemp twine, Lion Brand homespun yarn (ranch) and brads



Sketch 16 for last week was soooooo fun! I love cards with unexpected cuts and dimensions. I have seen some cards created in such a way in the past, where the front flap is only half the width of the full card size. Mada's sketch provided the perfect map to give this a go and the results are just too fun.





Patterned paper: DCVW Christmas stack
Cardstock: Bazzill
Stamps: Autumn Leaves~ Ice Skating, Hero Arts~ Warmest Winter and Snowflake Backgrounds.
Front of card was flocked using Snowflake Background stamp. Versamark ink with Stampendous Stamp and Bond applied, heat with heat tool, then add Cotton Ball White flock over top for a fun fuzzy effect.
Misc: ribbon, buttons and DMC floss.

4 comments:

Karin said...

Hi Rheannon,

I'm glad your computertrouble is sorted out.
I love both your cards.
Great papersand really funny owl images on this weeks sketch.
And I love the lay-out and great image of Mada's sketch.

Hope you have a greatday,
xoxo karin

scotspanda said...

love both your cards, the ice skating one is just fantastic :o)

lotsalove

Amanda xx

Gry-Heidi said...

Hi :) Both cards are sooo beautiful Rheannon ! You have done a great job with the sketches :)

Hugs, Gry-Heidi

Frau Ninchen said...

wow rheannon-you´ve done a great job with my sketch!
both cards are beautifull!
i love the little owl!

xoxo janina