Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Paint Can

This little paint can came about a few weeks ago for a challenge on The Cuttlebug Spot. I was waiting for the Cricut Solutions Christmas cartridge to arrive thinking it would finish off my work. I am happy to say I believe it did indeed, and is not completely done. I am really happy with the outcome so I thought I'd share it again, now in it's complete stage! This can was made for a swap partner on the Cricut MB. Christmas Paint can filled to the brim with goodies. I hope she likes it :)



Cricut cartridges used: Solutions: Christmas Noel, Joys of the Season, Mini Monograms, Opposites Attract

Cuttlebug folders used: A2: Christmas Ornaments, Winter House, Swiss Dots. Border: Just My Type

Misc: Ribbon, Martha Stewart Leaf punch, yarn crochet to cover handle.

Repeat from previous post with a bit of new information: Christmas Ornaments and Border: Just My Type Cuttlebug folder inked with Versamark pad, then heat embossed with Blue Tinsel powder. Winter House also inked with Versamark pad, then heat embossed with Kaleidoscope powder. The town is colored using prismacolor pencils and blended gently with odorless paint thinner. Snowy bottom was flocked in white, then applied a layer of white pigment ink over top and clear embossing powder. The snowy texture is the result. Snowflake on top of can is cut from Cricut Noel, heat embossed with Silver and Kaleidoscope powder. Joy over top of snowflake is cut from Cricut Opposites Attract, all centered in a scalloped ring cut from Mini Monograms.

1 comment:

Kruemel said...

While finising it you added some really great details to this. I absolutly love how you put "joy" on the snowflake... It seems to be made exactly for this flake to fit in!